Summer is finally here. This past week has been so hot and it only continues from here on out.
I thought I would compile a list of our favorite baby items and brands we have been using and needing for the summer!
1. Honest Company Sunscreen: This sunscreen is the safest spray sunscreen I can find out there right now. Advanced broad spectrum sun protection— NO synthetic chemical sunscreens, just pure mineral titanium dioxide. Its sprays on evenly and smooth. It is Water resistant for 40 minutes, Hypoallergenic , pH Balanced, Plant & Mineral-Based, Non-Greasy and Non-Whitening.
2. Zutano Striped Hoodie: Hoodies are great for cool summer nights. It gets pretty windy up here in the evenings which can produce a cool breeze. Zutano offers a nice light weight hoodie for those summer evenings around the camp fire. You can’t beat the comfort or adorable prints.
3. Aden & Anais bibs: These are our favorite bibs for feeding time. I love how they cover the shoulders and part of babies arm. I find that the straight drop down bibs don’t give as much coverage and food still gets on his shoulders and sleeves of his clothing. These do the trick to make meal time a little less messy.
4. Ella’s Kitchen Food Pouches: We are doing a combination of Baby Led Weaning and Purees. I really like the combinations of Veggie and Fruit that Ella’s offers. Arlo seems to enjoy these as well. We do purees in the morning mixed with oatmeal and then he enjoys a meal of table food at dinner. His favorites are slices of grilled chicken, steak or Pork and his favorites vegetables are Broccoli, Asparagus and butternut squash. He also loves watermelon and strawberries. But When we are out and about and he isn’t eating what we are for dinner, I usually pack up a couple of these pouches and they are perfect for on the go, out to dinner, the water park and playdates.
5. Sun Hats: Sun safety is important to us, keeping Arlo’s head and face covered is a must in this heat. We love Zutano sunhats, again they are comfortable and offer adorable prints. We also love our Little sunhat sunhats. They are also light weight and comfortable and he seems to not be bothered by them as much as other sunhats we have put on him.
6. Tommee Tippee Sippy Cups: Offering water is very important in this heat, we spend a lot of time outdoors so it is important that all my children stay hydrated. I love Tommee Tippee sippy cups, they truly are leak proof and easy for Arlo to hold and drink out of.
7. Swim Trunks: Arlo has quite a few pairs of swim trunks, a few hand me downs from when Ezra was a baby and a couple I purchased on sale from Gap. Gap always has great quality and fit, great sale prices and are on top of the trends.
8. Freshly Picked Moccs: Freshly Picked Moccs are the perfect summer shoe. They keep babies feet covered and safe without overheating. Arlo is starting to crawl and we live in some rocky rugged terrain so these are so great for his feet!
9. Spoons: We have the Munchkin heat sensory spoons that can tell you if the food is too hot before feeding baby. I really like these spoons, they are BPA free and dishwasher safe. They tuck nicely in the diaper bag too!
Links are below to all these wonderful products that we love and use daily, I hope you can find these items as handy as we do.